Sunday, December 14, 2008

Domestic Weekend

I should be sleeping now, but I'm not.  I'm two hours past my bedtime.  I'll pay later.  But I miss watching my Steelers!  The score is still zip-zip as I type this.



I have had a nice, relaxing weekend.  Nothing too extravagant or exciting.  But it has been nice.  I have a very clean apartment that smells like freshly baked cookies.  I had an exciting morning at church - I am very much looking forward to the launch of our new location in February.  Lunch with new friends after church.


And I have chili to eat this week, and more to freeze for the new year!  This will be my last full week of work in 2008!  Wahoo.  Next week, I only have to work three days, then it's off to see my honey!!!


IMG_3180 Saturday morning, I played around with the settings on my camera.  I'm trying to learn how to REALLY use it, you know?


I really wish I had the money to buy a nice digital SLR.  But for now, I can at least use the desire to learn how to take better pictures.... to learn how to use the camera that I already have, right?


Here, Brokaw is playing with one of the rope toys his Granny Cindy gave him for Christmas.  He loves them!



IMG_3186

I wonder if he ever gets tired of having to be my photography subject.


Probably not.  My dog loves the attention, imagine that!


I don't know where he'd pick up a characteristic like that, can you? (*winks*)







IMG_3196 Saturday night, I modified a chili recipe given to me by the beautiful Becky Barber!



I was CRAVING chili...











IMG_3209


It turned out to be yum-o-licious.

Which just futher confirms... I am going to be an awesome wife.


Haha!  I am lacking in other ways, that's for sure.  But at least my man and I will EAT GOOD.


Mmmm.  If you want some, and you live where I can get it to you, all you have to do is ask.  Seriously, I will never finish all of this!  It surely has a freezer fate!


IMG_3211

The kids sang at church Sunday morning.  It was cute!  I was actually surprised at how many kids we had in there!


My church is made up mostly of single 20 somethings, so it was exciting to see how many FAMILIES we actually have!


There was an equal number of parents with cameras and camcorders, of course.  I took advantage of the opportunity to take a pic of them because they really were so cute!



IMG_3225

After church, I baked my little heart out!

Here is how I like to set up shop!  :)


I hope you enjoy my cooking pictures, I don't have anything better to do than document my little adventures, haha!











IMG_3217 Show me someone who says they don't love to lick these things, and I will show you a liar!



 

Deeeelish.IMG_3231


Cookies on deck.















IMG_3226


Is this Santa's workshop, or what?
















IMG_3233


The fruit of my labor.

Standby for yummy goods in the mail, Mom!!


I'm going to make fudge, too.  But I forgot marshmellows at the store yesterday, so I'll have to do that tomorrow.



Merry Christmas everyone!!!


4 comments:

Tonja said...

Great job, Dana. I am going to bake my cookies probably Thursday or Friday. PaPa will be here to sample them. :)

Courtney said...

Whew! You have been a busy little blogger! Glad to get caught up. :) Poor Brokaw! Glad he's okay - that is so scary! Found our dogs chewing on an ornament this week too. 'Tis the season. Would love to take you up on freezer chili after the holidays. When will you be back from TX? I'll be passing through your way 'round about the 27th. :) Or can commute after that. Bravo on baking!! I am most impressed with how clean your kitchen is in the midst of baking ... woman after me own 'eart. ;)

kristen said...

your cookies are impressive but what i found to be most awesome was that your white kitchen looked pristine and super clean. how do you do that!?!?! better yet, can you come to MY house and do that!?!?! :)

Chris V said...

The chili looks dee-licious. my mom likes to freeze chili also and always gives me some to take back to BAL. good stuff.