Monday, December 10, 2007

Img_4744Hello, friends.



Well, we did it. At work. We managed to tear down an entire newsroom and television studio on Friday and have it working by 5am Monday morning.  It wasn't perfect, but it was pretty close!  I'll have to take some pictures at work so you can see it.  There are flat screens and stainless steel and a background that really, really looks 3D but isn't.



It's very cool. And my little desk looks cute, too!



My giant to do list, however, suffered.  Weekends are when I get all of my stuff done.  My Target trips, my CLEAN cleaning, my laundry.  So, I did a little today, sorted the laundry, for example, but I will have to tackle it tomorrow.  Oh, and I vacuumed. And took out the trash.  So that's not so bad for a Monday.



I spent 3 digits at Target and I have nothing fun to show for it.  Boo hoo. Well, I got Christmas cards, that was fun.  Hopefully I'll have time to get those out this week! Note to self: get stamps.



I finally cleaned out my car.  There was stuff in there that I hadn't brought up to my apartment since Thanksgiving - like Brokaw's toys.  He was like, "oh, my long lost piggy!!"



I have to show you a couple of pictures from Saturday night. I went to Jessi's Gregory's apartment to participate in their "family Christmas."  It was grand. There were stockings and lights and Chipmunks singing Christmas carols (on the computer, not in person, that would have been a little freaky).  And eggnog and chicken chili and I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open, but it was so much fun.



Decorating. Laughing. And waiting for the "perfect song" to top the tree with the Santa tree topper.Img_4731  Which was, by the way, was "Happy Christmas" by John Lennon.Img_4734   It was fun to meet new people and be festive!



I think my favorite Christmas song is changing, by the way.  Maybe it's just changing for this year, I don't know... but my fave is usually "O Holy Night."  Well, this year, I'm especially feeling "Do You Hear What I Hear?"  I don't know. I just do. I like the progression. Hear. See. Know. It's all so climactic, you know? It builds up to the big moment, which is Christmas and well, I just think that's fitting.



Oh, one thing.  I did have time yesterday, to watch a bit of TV.  And I dvr'd a show based on Christin's recommendation: "Men in Trees"  and I heard something I thought was so, well, just perfect for right now that I actually wrote it down.  Yes, I'm the dork to rewinds the dvr to write down the words.  I love shows that are narrarated.



Okay, so this is the Men in Trees wisdom I just loved and that is so applicable in my life right now, I don't know about you:



"They say patience is a virtue.  And like many virtues, we never know if we posess it until it's been tested.  If we're lucky, we have someone to take that test with us.  And if we can wait long enough, we just might find that the reward is greater than we ever expected."



Okay, sorry for the random post today. I have something cooking in a skillet in my kitchen that came from a frozen bag.  It had a "flavor pouch." That can't be good. Flavor, in a pouch. Sounds like a sodium fest! Mmmmmmm.... good night.



3 comments:

Gretchen said...

Ok so I have 2 fav. Christmas songs. My first is "Christmas Song" by Dave Matthews...Some of my fav. parts are "She was his girl; he was her boyfriend
She'd be his wife and make him her husband
A surprise on the way, any day, any day" and "Father up above, why in all this hatred do you fill
Me up with love, love, love
Love love love
Love love was all around
Father up above, why in all this anger do you fill
Me up with love, fill me love love love
Love love love
all you need is love
you can't buy me love
Love love love
Love love
And the blood of our children's all around"
My other fav. is Baby It's Cold Outside. It has been done over by many people over the years, and I don't have one that I like better then another, but I think it is sooo cozy and cute. I think I just like the idea of a guy having a thing for me and trying to convince me to stay for a while longer...plus getting snowed in is fun too. Wheeee. If you look this song up on wiki it gives quite an interesting history.

christin said...

ohhhh my Men in Trees! now tell me how you feel about the show, honestly. i take it you liked it, since you are spouting out wisdom from it.
it is just one of my fave fave shows ever, especially in the winter. it makes winter even somewhat desirable, if that's possible...

cindy floyd said...

okay
Lets try this again. The toy Brokaw has is called a ugly baby. This is very popular on the childrens market, so I am interested to see how it holds up to dogs teeth. could be a good selling factor. Lookind forward to some holiday pre fun before I have to come back here. Because, UNCLE CHUCK gets here next week from [where ever he is claiming as his residence this week] Last time he brought his own toilet paper. Did he think we would run out? Does every family have a UNCLE CHUCK? Love. mama elf