Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Best Times

When I was visiting Ann in Roanoke over the weekend, I had the privilege of going back to my old church, Rainbow Forest Baptist Church.  Being there made me realize how much I miss it.  It's like home.  It's like family.  It made me realize how much I am missing that in my life right now, "that" being a church family. 



I have always been active in church, but never have I experienced being part of a church family like I did at Rainbow Forest.  I miss it.  And I'm determined to find that here in the DC area.  It's so hard to find the right church, isn't it?  It's hard for me to open up and to get to know people.  It's hard to juggle being "involved" with my schedule.  Hard, but not impossible. And clearly, SO WORTH IT.  Please pray for me friends, that I will find it.  Now, if only someone had thought of an idea like this. That would really help...



Now, for the people who make me feel so loved whenever I see them...Kimmydana



Let me introduce you to my friend.  My favorite, if you will.  It's shameful to admit you have a favorite - but let's just be honest.



Sometimes you just identify with people and the favoritism just wells up inside you.



This is Kimmy. Or Kibby. Or KibbyLou. Or Kimberly. 



When we first met, she was just a kid.  Now she's a full fledged lady and I just treasure her so much on so many levels!Allthegirls





Here we are with Julie and Kimmy.  Ann and I used to have so much fun with these girls -- youth group stuff, small group meetings in Julie's basement... sleepovers, movies.



Oh, the best of times.  And I'm so proud of the women these girls grew up to be!



Img_4335



And here is Danae - another one of my old girls who is also grown up now.



Danae is like Dana plus an E.



She's a little extra - and we had so much fun rooming together at camp adventures!







Img_4336And here I am with a guy who feels like a father to me.



Pastor Mike!



He makes me feel so at home and so loved and I had such wonderful times with his family back when I lived in Roanoke.



Pastor Mike gives some of the greatest hugs around.



He will always be my pastor, no matter how far away from Roanoke I get.



Img_4341



Just in case you're wondering where the name Rainbow Forest comes from... I'm pretty sure it's because the fall leaves in Roanoke are off the hook.













1 comment:

christin said...

you went to Rainbow Forest? no way! I was friends with the Via's while I was at Liberty - I'm still in touch with a few of them. Too funny! I did not know that.