Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Hello, hello, hello!!!

I am SORRY I haven't blogged in FOREVER.



However, I thank you, my friends, for being patient with me.



I won't bore you with details of the move - there was a little drama but in the end it was okay - because it gave me more time with one of my favorite people on the planet. Plus, a dog adventure involving a discarded sandwich.



I am adjusting at work. I'm such a dork - I am thoroughly enjoying all of the little things about living and working in DC. Things like riding the metro to work or getting a Capitol Hill press pass. Those things make me sigh as I lay down to sleep at night and think - seriously? I'm really here? Doing THIS? How lucky!!



My highlight so far was an interview at the White House with Tony Snow.  I was so intimidated. My mouth lacked moisture in a big way. Like it used to during cheerleading try-outs. You know? When you have to pay attention not to smile too hard so that your top lip won't get stuck on your gums and you'll look like Fire Marshal Bill?  Yep. That was me.



The people I work with seem great. They're patiently teaching me the ropes and chuckling at my dorkiness as I beam through new experiences.



That's all, for now.  I need to post pictures of my tiny, however fabulous, apartment. 



I have a new appreciation for things like parking spaces, shopping carts and paychecks.



1 comment:

Gretchen said...

AHAHAHAH....random sandwich in the driveway....don't forget shooting the duck....