Thursday, May 11, 2006

Fear

Runner1 Coming Soon:  Embarrassment.



Okay... so for some reason I decided it would be a good idea to run with Gretchen in the Race for the Cure.  It's a 5K, and it's this Sunday.  I have only run in one 5K before, and I came in DEAD LAST.  Seriously.  Want Proof?http://starcitystriders.com/Results/jingle/jingle01/jingleage011.htm



Dawn Pellas and I only ran a couple of minutes the whole time.  It was all fun and good, I got a long sleeved t-shirt out of it.  But I'd be lying if I played this whole thing off.  The truth is, I didn't really find it all that funny that I came in last.  I'm a pretty competitive person... I like to do well in everything that I do.  That's why I like to stick to things I'm good at!  So... here I am, what?  4 years later... 30 pounds lighter... hoping for the best... but just praying that I don't come in last again.



I am scared.  I don't feel ready.  It's like a final.  I wish I was ready, but I haven't really prepared.. or studied, now I'm going to try to pull it off anyway.  Whew.  I hope adrenalin is all it's cracked up to be.



No comments: