Sunday, March 26, 2006

night out

Finally... some social interaction!  I was so excited Saturday night, some girls from work asked me to come out and see a guy we work with's band play.  Bobby, my director, plays in a blues band.  We went to dinner, then to an Irish Pub to hear the band.



Okay, if you know me... you know that's not my deal.  I'm not much of a bar chic.  No diss on bar chics... I'm just not one, really.  Well, I had a blast last night, none the less.  I even had a beer.  I didn't like the beer, but I figured it was time to give it another shot.  You know they say you acquire a taste for things as you get older.  Well, I'm still not there with the beer.  The place we were at didn't seem to have much else, and Bobby wanted to buy us a drink, so there I was with a Corona.  I finished almost all of it. 



The best part of the evening was seeing Bobby in his element.  You know, like when you see a teacher out in public, grocery shopping... it reminds you that they're human.  Here is this guy who's worked at the station longer than I've been alive.  He can direct a newscast in his sleep.  He's the best, you can't shake him.  He can come off as a bit of a gruff at work... but I can already tell it's a front.   He's a teddy bear with a soft spot for "daughters."  He was delighted to have us there last night.  The pleasure was all mine.



Here are a couple of horrible pictures from the occasion.  Bobby was making me laugh during the picture.New_pics_020_1New_pics_017



 



No comments: