Wednesday, March 15, 2006

newsletter

I have been meaning to post several different things on here over the past week or so.  Forgive me for the cheesy format, but I'm going to do this newsletter style.  Do you have any friends that send out those cheesy holiday newsletters with pictures of their house and their dog on that printer paper you know they bought in bulk at Office Max?  Those letters are annoying, however informative, I hope to be at least one of those, hopefully the latter...



I got my stuff finally!! No more sleeping on the floor. Praise God.  In some respects the life of a dog can be admired.  Eating.  Sleeping.  Everyone thinks you're cute.  Okay, sleeping on the floor, or in a corner on a folded up blanket -- not one of the perks... and I don't miss it!!  I didn't realize how accustomed I had become to it though... because once I got my bed together, I was like "man, this is really high!"  It's not really all that high, but from the ground perspective, it's easy to see how it could be perceived as such. 



New_pics_010New_pics_006So the dreadful movers did break some of my stuff... but I was kind of expecting it, and I was just so glad to see my things that I didn't really care that some of it didn't arrive in one piece.  The broke 2 dressers and my office chair.  It was a little sad because I did like my furniture, but it wasn't like it was a great loss... the furniture I had wasn't all that nice, and it wasn't going to last forever anyways... not like MY NEW FURNITURE.   That's right, I got new furniture.  Sorry, no pic available of that yet, it hasn't been delivered yet. Yes, you read right, DELIVERED.  I feel like I won the showcase on "The Price Is Right."  My mom and Granny New_pics_001were visiting last weekend and took pity on me and bought me a new bedroom suit.  It's such a blessing.  It's so much better than the stuff the movers broke.  I'm so excited... I've never had REAL, GROWN-UP furniture before!!



Work is getting better with each day.  I don't quite feel like I'm swimming in a sea of uncertainty anymore.  I'm getting used to the workload and all of the changes, and I think I'm adjusting quite well.  Once I feel like I'm getting a handle on one thing, something else comes up.  Welcome to the planet, right?  I'm excited for all of my upcoming "opportunites to learn."  How's that for a positive attitude?  Check me out...



This time away from my stuff has been good.  Reflective.  Not cluttered.  A lesson learned about how it's just stuff... "small stuff" if you will.  I missed not being around all my stuff, but I'm glad it happened.  It was a good time for God to teach me a lesson about simplifying.  No lesson is fun while you're learning it, but in hindsight, they're the best. 



I'm still navigating these roads this winter.  Winter in Pennsylvania is totally different from winter in Virginia.  Thank God for 4 wheel drive.  Some pics from this morning's commute... can you see the fear in my face?  I did make it to work and home just fine.  See... progress.New_pics_014_1New_pics_013New_pics_016 



   





Take care all, thanks for reading.



No comments: