Friday, March 23, 2012

Up Early, Some Thoughts


I woke up early today just for fun.  Call me crazy, but I just love a quiet early morning, alone. But you already knew that.

This afternoon, Michael is going to meet me in town and after work, we're going to go see the Cherry Blossoms down at the Tidal Basin.  I love doing this. It's so beautiful, so full of life, and so romantic.

We didn't get to do this last Spring, because of the bum wheelchair, but we are back!  It's going to be really warm, too, like in the 80s! No idea what I'm going to wear.

Some other randomness for you this Friday morning.

I've been trying to lose some weight.
Every now and then, I have this same 20 pounds that likes to come and visit, then leaves again. Well, guess where I am now. That's right, hosting the 20.  I've been watching what I eat and working out for two weeks, and I haven't really *lost* anything yet, but I can notice my body starting to change, and there are a couple of inches gone from my waist - which had grown, ick! That was the weirdest weight gain, ever.  Maybe it's because I'm in my 30s now? I always gain weight in my butt and thighs (they are big when I am not!) and in my arms, but that mess on my tummy was not cool!  

I signed up for a Fitness Challenge in the building where I work, and they are going to give a fitness prize pack to people who lose the most weight (percentage) per category.  So, the short, fat girls better watch out, because I am kinda competitive (wink, wink) and this thing is ON.

I took these pictures from a really long walk I took last week. It was the perfect morning.  I walked from work, down and around the White House complex, to Starbucks, and back to work to shower and get ready for the day.  The sun was coming up, and preparations were underway for the State Arrival Ceremony for British Prime Minister David Cameron.  I could sense the anticipation with every turn I made.  It was really neat. Plus, I saw my neighbor, who is a soldier, lining his guys up for the ceremony. That made me feel like, for a second, that I live in a small town.  I liked it. 

I also like any sort of finish line that ends with a Grande Bold.

One more random thought, Pinterest.  I know, y'all have been addicted over there for months, right? I've been there for some time, but hadn't really gotten sucked in, until last night.  I made some real boards.  I allowed myself to pretend a little. And, it was fun.  I'm going to try to not get full-on addicted.  We'll see.
You can find my Pinterest link over there on the right hand side of your screen.

Now, time for a Happy Friday.  Let's go.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Dana, same goes for me. I gain on my thighs, butt, and arms - but when I started gaining on my stomach, that was NOT cool!!!! I'd be happy to set some sort of mutual accountability thing if you want! :)