Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Two And A Half Years

2.5.
Today, we have been married exactly two and a half years.
We like to celebrate the little things.
Why not?

In fact, Michael is better than I am at remembering our "Monthaversary."
He texted me this morning, "U know what today is?"

In some ways, it feels like 2.5 years have FLOWN by.
In other ways, it feels like we've been married forever.
I'm sure a lot of married couples feel that way.

I'm no math whiz, but 2.5 is 10% of 25, no?
So, look at that!
We are still new at this... but we are getting the hang of it!

2.5 is a good place.
We've found our groove.
We can communicate (generally), we are best friends, we dream together, and are looking forward to so much together.

I woke up in Ohio this morning, and now I'm in DC, to cover Super Tuesday tonight. By the time I get home it will technically be tomorrow.
So, Babe, Happy 2.5!
I love you so much.
I'm so glad we took that chance, that long distance relationships do work, and that you moved here from Texas and now I can see you every time I come home.
It's my favorite thing about coming home.
Can't wait to be in your arms tonight.

Cheers.

5 comments:

mella's messages said...

Dana, this is so sweet! We celebrate monthly anniversaries too! We jsut passed up 7 months, and remembered the next day...well, as your Michael, mine remembers more than I do for those month ones. :) He remembered and was going to do something, but then forgot. haha!
I too, and so blessed that we both stepped out and took the risk to cross country lines, and meet, commit to a lifetime together, regardless of what we would have to face. We are together, and I am so blessed by my husband! Still sometimes we ask eachother - "is it really true?", and, "are we really married?". I am more in love with him today than yesterday! Congratulations, sister!

Kristen Maddux said...

You guys are ON IT with your blog revamps. I love it! Looks great around here!

Dana Brown Ritter said...

Melanie, we are SO HAPPY for you and Misha!
Kristen, thanks so much! I have been learning a lot. :) It's really fun!

Amy W. Carroll said...

You both deserve all the happiness in the world! So hard to believe it has been 2.5 years! Happy Anniversary!!!

gentrier said...

:)