Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Thank God for Our "Normal"

Michael.  Last night.  Ready to be tossed in bed.

Over the last week, I've prayed some really heavy prayers for people.
A friend had twins, then almost died, and is now home with them, thank the Lord.
A wounded warrior I follow online is in his last days.  My heart breaks for his family.
A friend's brother, and father of four died, unexpectedly.
Another friend's sister is facing a potentially devastating diagnosis.
It hurts my heart.  All of this sickness, and pain, and anxiety.

And it makes me so profoundly grateful for the 'normal' in our life.
There is a lot about our life that isn't really 'normal,' in the conventional sense of the word.
But we have our own normal.  And the thought of that world being shaken up, like my friends have faced over the last week, keeps me on my knees.

I don't want to miss a thing.  Because, you just never know.

1 comment:

Jenn [ Crippled Girl ] said...

As if these sorts of things aren't hard enough to deal with, the blow of them being in rapid succession doesn't help one bit.

I agree - even if your situation doesn't look "normal" to anyone living without a disability, it is your normal, every day routine, and there's nothing wrong with enjoying the comfort of it!