Saturday, February 25, 2012

Saturday Morning Post



Good morning, and Happy Saturday, y'all.  I woke up at 7:30 this morning.  It's kind of early, but I might just write this, enjoy my cinnamon toast and my fresh coffee (we are still rocking the Christmas Blend here at the Ritter house), and snuggle back up to Mr. Wonderful and go back to sleep.

Because I can.
And I know that it won't always be that way.

I've been reading "Jesus Calling," in the mornings.  This week, I found out there is an app for it!  I don't need the app, because I have the book on my Kindle app, but you need to get it.  Seriously, the entries will take you like 3 minutes to read, and it is 3 minutes so well spent!

Speaking of apps, I heard of another app this week that I tried called "Sleep Cycle."
It's pretty neat.  You turn it on, plug your iPhone in, and lay it glass-down on your bed as you sleep.  Then, it wakes you up close to your alarm time (never after) when you are not in a deep sleep cycle.  It also analyzes your sleep for the night.  I've used it for 5 nights now and I have come to two conclusions.

1. I suck at sleeping.
2. I don't sleep long enough.

But, I already knew both of those.

At different times over the past week, our washer, then our dryer, broke.
They're fixed now.
And there's a mountain of clean clothes and towels and sheets on the chair that is approaching my height of 5 feet tall.
Mr. Wonderful is going to have his work cut out for him today.

What do you guys think of the new blog design?  I've been playing with it this week, using Picnik.  Picnik is going to shut down soon, so I'm trying to get as much out of it as I can before that happens.  I also made the buttons over to the right.  We're not watching as much TV in the evenings (nothing other than news) so I've had time to play around with it.

No deep thoughts streaming from me on this Saturday Morning Post. I hope that's okay.
I'm looking forward to a restful day today, cooking meatloaf and mashed potatoes for my favorite Wounded Warrior, and possibly making strawberry muffins.  We'll see on that last one.

Ugh. I have to go check on that washer. It's beating itself up again.

1 comment:

gentrier said...

I didn't see the analysis feature! Thank you:)