Thursday, September 29, 2011

Tami Taylor Is My Hero

Little known fact about me.
I want to be Tami Taylor when I grow up.


I don't know how many people out there are Friday Night Lights fans, but whoever you are, you need to jump on Netflix and get with it.  That show was very likely, my favorite show of all time.  I loved it, like I love coffee and chocolate and my husband. Well, maybe slightly less than I love my husband.

And I miss it.  I'm still in mourning.  I miss it to the point that now that it's football season, I'm secretly pretending that there is Friday Night Lights out there, somewhere.  Almost every time I sit in my chair in the living room, and prop my feet up on the ottoman to watch whatever Michael is pulling up - things like The Sing Off, or NCIS or whatever - I think to myself, I would really rather be watching Friday Night Lights.  And, I even mean re-watching it.  I miss it that much.

Tami was my favorite character.  I want to be her when I grow up! I realize I'm 31 years old, and that ship has kind of sailed... but I do want to be like her.


And, when I'm getting dressed for work, or whatever in the morning, I stand in my closet and look at the rack of clothes, some of which are too small, some of which are too big, and some of which I am just plain sick of, and I ask myself -- Self, what will make you look and feel the most like Tami Taylor today?

And then, I roll my hair.
Because, I want to be like Tami.

To me, Tami Taylor was the perfect mix of hot/sweet/cute/sexy/good wife/good mom/good role model for younger girls/career rock star/fun partner/wanted to have it planned out/good advice giver/listener/person who didn't take any crap.

And, I want to be all of that rolled into a cute package with blonde hair!
I will never be tall enough, though.  And, I'm okay with that.

I do have the "y'all's" down, though.  Just ask my co-workers, who constantly mock me for it.

5 comments:

Kristen Maddux said...

I gotta check out this show. Been hearing so much about it from others also in mourning. I love me some back to back to back to back to back episodes of a good DVD Season set :). Like 14 hours later, I emerge having watched the entire thing, and a little hazy as to who and where I am. lol! Love it. This is the next one I'm taking on!

Coffee Mom said...

It definitely is one of the best shows ever! And Tami rocks. Coach Taylor ain't so bad himself.

Diane Moody said...

Yeah, Coach Taylor. Oh MY! Actually, we just started watching FNL on Netflix after Hannah (daughter) raved about it so much. But we've been so busy we're still in Season One! I did wonder if you guys watched it - especially with the quarterback's injury in one of the first episodes??? But it's really good.

Course I'm one of those who's in severe mourning for LOST. Honestly we don't watch TV much anymore. Miss those good dramas!!

And hey, Dana? You're WAY cuter than Tami, for the record. Just promise me you won't go on Letterman with your boobs hanging out, okay?

Inkwhy said...

Well, you've got the look... definitely cute blondes!

Belinda said...

I've never watched the show, but have heard really good things about it. Your never to old to aspire to "grow up" and be like someone.