Tuesday, August 9, 2011

This is No Chef Boyardee Ravioli

Let me first clarify that Chef Boyardee Ravioli is one of my favorite foods on the planet. I could seriously live off of it, as well as his Spaghetti and Meatballs.

I'd have to live in pants I got at the bottom of the pile or the back of the rack at the store, but I could live, none the less.

So, this is NO diss on CB!

Now that that's clear...

I'm going to let you in on a little secret to making a not-so-healthy meal slightly healthier:
Last night, I boiled some frozen beef ravioli up.
Heated up some Marinara that I bought in a jar at Aldi. (Note: Wegmans sauces are completely superior, and I don't think they are much more expensive. I'm stocking up next time I'm there)
And, as you can see above, I threw some peppers, green onion, spinach and mushrooms in a skillet with a little bit of olive oil.

I put that on top of the sauce, on top of the ravioli.
And served it with fresh green beans.
And salad.

So, in my view, that's totally enough green to balance out the pasta.

Which, in our case, was 100% necessary after a weekend of blissfully eating this for every meal, including breakfast:

Side note.
Marriage teaches some valuable lessons, doesn't it?
One thing I have learned is the glory of adding the following to my pizza...
I never did that before Michael.
I will never go back.

Cheers.

1 comment:

Diane Moody said...

I dunno, Dana. I'm having the hardest time merging my image of you with Chef Boyardee. I'm NOT a picky eater, but I could never stomach the ol' guy's canned pastas! But to each his own. I mean, I get weak in the knees for pickled okra.