Monday, August 22, 2011

Caught Red Handed

Friday night we were feeling very cooped up, so we got out of the house. We got in the Escape and got dinner out. We didn't feel quite like heading home, so D drove out to the drive-thru Starbucks in Fairfax. We enjoyed coffees and red velvet whoopie pies on our way home and a brilliant view of the clouds moving in.

Arriving home, I came inside and hooked up the dogs for our evening walk. When I looked down, I noticed red on my fingers, looked at my right hand an it was worse. I though, "Oh, crap! I've cut my finger on something!" The red stuff was dry, so I didn't think much of it. It can't be too bad if the blood has stopped. Nonetheless, I showed D because she worries about those things.

D looked at my hand and had puzzled look on her face. She touched it. Then she tasted it. What?! If you know my wife, you know that she's not gonna just taste and experiment. She gave me that you are such a doofus look and told me, "It's whoopie pie!"

1 comment:

Diane Moody said...

Michael, Michael, Michael . . . SO funny!!! And I love your blog post title! Such a clever man! Although I'm not sure I'll be able to sample a red velvet whoopie pie not that I've got it associated with DRIED BLOOD . . . thanks a LOT! LOL