Thursday, January 13, 2011

Top 10 of 2010

I've enjoyed reading other friends' lists of their top 10 for 2010.
So, here's mine.

I actually wrote this on New Year's Day. Just an idea of how far I am behind.
Oh well.
Enjoy!
I always like looking back at memories.

1. Moving from Fairfax to Springfield.
By this I mean the actual act of moving, and the fact that we moved. Moving, and having such an outpouring of help from friends to help us move, put in a floor, paint, etc. was incredible. I have never had so much help moving before! I'm really glad we moved, too. It's so nice to be a part of the community where we go to church.

2. The Hot Tub at Brookside Cabins.
We got in! And out. And it was an unforgettable experience. Can't wait to do that again!

3. Girls weekend when I saw my mom and the rest of my family and Ann!

What a whirlwind! This trip was huge on a couple of levels. It was the first time I left Michael since we got married. His mom came to take care of him while I was gone. I felt so free and really enjoyed soaking in the short time with my family and Ann, who was visiting the US from Thailand.

4. White House Correspondents Dinner.
Major life goal, check!

5. White House Christmas Party
Another major life goal, check!

6. Letting the Chesapeake house foreclose.
It wasn't an easy decision. It still isn't easy to talk about. I am a statistic of the economy's demise in 2010. This little house was special because it was my first house, but I had to let it go. I just couldn't hold on, it was killing me. To quote the Fray, "Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same."

7. Emailing Dr. Dorree Lynn. Her book helped me so much. That e-mail led to an important relationship that allowed me to learn so much about myself, and help us to communicate and better serve each other as a couple. Therapy and counseling are good things. Don't shy away from it if you ever need it. Seriously. As Dr. Lynn says, "Life is too hard to do alone."

8. The floor in our new apartment. See photos from #1. After living for concrete for more than a year, I no longer take real flooring for granted. So glad to not have dirt permanently engrained in my heels anymore!

9. Getting a real Christmas tree.
I didn't think it was possible to do this without asking for help from someone else. But we did. And we did it together. Can't wait to do it again next year!

10. Picking my husband up off the bathroom floor. Him falling like that was one of my biggest fears. Now that I've been through picking him up (twice), I know he can fall, and the world can still go on.

No comments: