Saturday, November 13, 2010

Saturday Morning

Waking up on your own without an alarm is a completely different experience than waking up with an alarm. Do you feel me on this? It's Saturday. I woke up at 5:48am, but I was rested and didn't mind getting up early, starting the coffee maker and feeding the dogs. Because now it's 6:33am and they're back asleep and all I hear is myself typing and the air conditioning running.

And there's cinnamon in my coffee. It's yum. I'm looking up recipes online trying to figure out what I'm going to bake today. I'm thinking something pumpkiny but I don't know yet. These Pumpkin Swirl Brownies look good... but maybe I want to make some kind of coffee cake? I don't know yet.

Last night, I talked to my Mom. She was all worried because of "all that stuff on Facebook," meaning my post about crying and probably also the one about losing my hair. I tried to encourage her, that I'm fine, I'm just trying to be real and put that stuff out there. It wasn't anything she hadn't heard before anyway. My mom is my bestest friend and we talk every day and I tell her everything. She's also a worry wort. Don't know where I get it from :)

Anywho... I don't really know why I just wrote that word because I never say it. I'm going to drink more coffee than I probably should, bake something, then get back in bed and snuggle with my Love.

No better place on earth than right there with my head on the side of his chest.

2 comments:

Kristen@TheFrugalGirl said...

Ooh, yes....head on the husband's chest is the bestest thing ever.

Unfortunately, my husband's chest( and the rest of him) is at work today.

mina said...

Hi,

I just came across your blog from a google search. Wish I would have found it in January right after my husband was left paralyzed from a spinal epidural abscess. You and your husband are truly amazing and inspirational. I bow to both of you:)