Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Happy Birthday to My Love!

Four a.m. alarm this morning, but that's okay. I popped out of the bed with excitement!
I had some very important baking to do.
Funny how I didn't make this morning's creation from scratch... because what I baked this morning is much more important than the muffins and scones I bake for fun on Saturday mornings.
I got up early to bake a cake for my husband.
The fun thing about baking before your husband is up is you don't have to share the spatula licking with anyone. Yum!

Here is my dear Michael's birthday cake:

Do you know my Michael?
My husband is amazing.
He's handsome.
And funny.
And caring.
And creative.
And brilliant.
And he gives great massages.
He holds me when I cry.
Makes me laugh. (sometimes on purpose, sometimes not)
He loves people.
And the Lord.

And he likes to eat cake for breakfast. A fun tradition of our own.
So, that's what we did. Along with eggs and turkey bacon. Because, well, even a peanut butter chocolate cake only has so much protein, you know?

We ate our cake wearing pajamas and with our crazy bed heads. And M opened his cards and a gift that was not-so-beautifully wrapped in an Old Navy store bag.Then we snuggled for a bit before starting our day and parting ways. The celebration continues tonight with a haircut, dinner and a trip to the Apple Store! Yeah!

Love this guy!
Side note: This picture was taken three years ago, when I went to TX to celebrate Michael's birthday. It was the day after his birthday that we decided to be more than just friends, yay!

When you see him, you may think he's "an inspiration."
And, I do too.
Just not the way you do.

My wish for him this birthday is for him to feel all of this love everyone has for him.
That he will see himself the way I see him.
My hero.
My best friend.
My favorite, everything.

Happy Birthday, Babe! I love you more.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Did you put peanut butter in the cake, or spread it on top??? That looks so yum!!! Happy Birthday to Michael!

Dana Brown Ritter said...

Both! The recipe was on the side of the cake mix box! It's more like a cookie bar than a cake. Delicious!