Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Most Random Dinner Ever

This post is for everyone who thinks I'm the most amazing chef ever. This is to prove that I do not always hit it out of the park!
Last Thursday... post election night and pre-grocery shopping... we had the most random dinner ever. It was made up of whatever random leftovers we had in the fridge, plus some fish from the freezer.

Check it out..
Talipia (just sauteed with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper)
Roasted red pepper
Random frozen veggies such as corn on the cob and like a handful of mixed vegetables
Leftover asparagus that was slimy and limp the first go-around...
A lipton packet of rice, I think this one was cheddar broccoli (I love these as sides! And although I try to not make very many "processed" foods, these are a favorite around here!)
And we had some Wegmans Italian bread dipped in olive oil and these "bread dipping herbs" I got randomly at Stein Mart....

Completely random, right?
But you know what??? It was pretty enjoyable!
Sometimes, you just have to embrace the randomness and rock the leftovers, right?

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Okay, your idea of random is my idea of a gourmet dinner! It looks fantastic! My poor husband might have to come to your house for dinner. He gets a lot of processed foods. :(