Monday, November 23, 2009

Gratitude

I just looked at my desk calendar at work, which is this really cheesy "Christian" desk calendar that I bought back in like 1997 when I used to shop at "Christian" book stores... I appreciate it's nice Bible verses and what not on a daily basis, though, even if it is ridiculously cheesy.


Like today.. the quote is from Max Lucado.  Did you forget he exsisted? Me too.


But this is nice:


"Gratitude.  More aware of what you have than what you don't."


Oh, I like it.  I am so quick to be jealous of what others have, etc. I have to really guard against it.  It comes so naturally to me, I've been like that since I was a kid.  You'd think I was a middle child or something :)  I really am so thankful for where I am, what I have and who I get to spend life with... even though sometimes I get distracted, or lose perspective.


What a perfect reminder for this week, going into ThanksG!



No comments: