Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Musings..

This post is going to be all over the place.  Don't say I didn't warn you.


I will see my Michael in approximately 12 hours. YEE HAW!


I have been at work for 6+ hours, but just put makeup on.  It's kind of nice waiting - because then I feel a little refreshed late in the day, nevermind the fact that I have been stretching this same make-up for way longer than one is supposed to stretch make-up. Who makes those rules up, anyway? Beauty magazines?  Because they have NO vested interest in make-up companies doing well, do they?


Sometimes when I'm leaving the office to go to the bathroom, I say "I'll be right back."  Not that my going to the bathroom requires a big fat announcement or anything, but there are very few people here, so I just say it so people know.  Just now, I thought in my head "I'll be back" like in Arnold Terminator tone/voice.  What in the world?  I'm losing it... I'm totally in countdown mode!!


I was just talking to a good old friend who reads the blog, so I'm posting trying to fill the space in between when I really post - like with pictures and everything.  I want to blog more, I actually feel guilty about it!  But I just don't have the time!


I finished the Shamrock 8K in Virginia Beach on Saturday! Yay!  I finished.  I didn't fall down.  So, all goals were met.  I was the slowest in our group, I was slower than last year.  But - I like how Michael put it - "Did you finish before the walkers?" Errr.... I was one of the walkers, pretty much.  "Did you finish before the people with walkers?"  YES!  At last, victory!


Sunday, I met the second installment of the Arkansas cousins - shout out to Amy, Shawn and Daniel!  This family seriously all looks like models!  And they are darling!  We ate brunch at Chef Geoff's (not Jeff's,note) in DC and it was yummicious.


The pain from walking/running that 8K is finally gone.  I feel back to my old self again.  I'm wearing too much grey today.  I kind of feel like a cloud.


Did y'all see the Presidential News Conference last night?  I had to DVR it and watch it at like 2am because I just couldn't get everything done, sleep, and watch it live.  I love these things!!! I know it makes me a dork, but I don't care!! If you are dorky like me, you definitely need to read this article by the Politico.  Very interesting to hear the White House reporters' take on things!



No comments: