Sunday, March 15, 2009

Weekend Recap

I didn't sleep nearly as much as I would have liked this weekend.  I was, however, ultra productive, and for that, I'm grateful.

I talked with Ann via Skype for a few HOURS.  It was splendid.  I so miss her and that "face-to-face" was refreshing, and needed!

I scratched some major things off my Wedding To Do list!!  I found shoes, and I ordered a veil.  And I found a place to get my dress altered, yeah!  

Saturday I stimulated the economy :)  Sunday, I paid bills and wished I hadn't stimulated the economy so much!  Ha.

I saw Press Secretary Robert Gibbs at Target.  That was pretty cool.  And I heard an interview with Dana Perino on the radio this morning on the way to church.  Awww, miss her!  

Check out the results of my wedding craft night:
IMG_3883


Have y'all ever made candy melts?
It's so easy!!




I turned these little puppies...







IMG_3914



Into these!!


I'm brainstorming favor ideas.  I think these will be fun!






And... they are yummy, too!






I'm going to practice more so they will be prettier and less air-bubbly.





IMG_3903




And check out my chair decorations!  The chairs in the restaurant where we are having the reception are like my dining room table chairs, so I experimented with this, too.


It was actually fun to get back in touch with my crafty side.





IMG_3909



And reconnect with an old pal... the hot glue gun!

I don't know when it was or why, but I seemed to remember exactly how to use this baby.


Like I said, it was fun.  Felt good to get something that was an idea in my head... out... and into something that actually exists.






I wish I had more time to be creative.  I do enjoy it as an outlet.  It's a nice exhale.  

Deep breath!! Another week starts NOW.  Then... next weekend, it's time for the Shamrock 8K down in Virginia Beach - I'm SO looking forward to hanging out with super fun friends and getting away!!  I'm not really looking forward to the race, but I'll load up my ipod with some good music and I'll do the best I can.

THEN...... A week from Wednesday, I get to see MY MAN in person!!! My Michael is coming to DC for a whole week!!!!!  Oh, I can't wait to be in his arms, I can't even tell you how much I love him and how much I miss him.  I mean, seriously, Saturday nights with candy pellets and a glue gun are fun and all.... but the truth is, I can't wait until all of this planning and stuff is over, and we are MARRIED and we're just together, all the time.  

IMG_3361




I mean, who wouldn't want more of THIS, right?


5 comments:

kristen said...

your crafty chairs are really cute!! love the colors too.
so when you're making the candy...are you trying to add more "air-bubblies" so you eat the "mistakes"? :)

Becky said...

You are sooo incredibly crafty!! I'm impressed! Have fun in VA Beach this coming weekend! At some point, we need to put our calendars together so we can get together! I am pretty much free whenever!!

Rebecca said...

love the crafty-ness! so cute! the colors are wonderful-handmade chocolates super cute...you and mike are so cute!! it makes me smile to read how much you love him...
i didn't get as much sleep as i would have liked this weekend either.

ann said...

Wow- i don't remember that really creative side when we were roommates:) ha! It all looks great! The candy idea is fabulous! I always love ideas that are useful and everyone will enjoy. Thanks also for helping the economy on my behalf!!

cindy floyd said...

I hope you are not making that beautiful candy in your wedding dress. I know how you are!!