Monday, February 4, 2008

Tomato Paste and E-mail

Random, yes, I know. But those two things made my Monday bearable. When I got to work last night, Jessi had this for me:Img_0161_2



Isn't that grand? I can't wait to cook with it. It is merely another step I can take towards becoming Rachael Ray. It's a long road ahead, but I have tomato paste in a tube, so anything is possible.



Now, the other thing that happened this morning that was grand was in the form of an e-mail. I finished up Penelope Trunk's book this weekend, and let me just tell you, friends, you must read this book. It is no nonsense about the work world. I love every inch of it. I wrote her this morning to tell her that I loved the book, I think she's brilliant, and that she should come speak at a seminar or something in DC because I would buy a ticket and you know what??? SHE WROTE ME BACK!! Told me she loved my "spunk." Yeah! That ROCKS.



So, that was pretty splendid. See? Tomato paste and e-mail, making my day. Anything is possible.



Then, I ran into this guy online:



352172788_be41f8458f_2

Cute, yes? I certainly think so. I'm in total countdown mode. Counting down to Valentine's Day - who would have thunk it? I'm psyched. Pumped. Really needing to get my eyebrows waxed. That's on tomorrow's to-do list.



Please pray for my friend Christin and her husband, Dave. They get some huge test results tomorrow and need your prayers. Have at it. Wear your knees out. Please.



1 comment:

mike ritter said...

I'm looking forward too! But I am disappointed to play second to tomato paste. I prefer mint or cinnamon myself.