Sunday, October 14, 2007

Hello Friends.



I know, I'm slacking in the blog department. Tell me about it. No, really, spare me.



The truth is - I don't really have time to have a blog.  But it is a good way to let you know what's going on in my life now that I can't ever actually talk to anyone.



Combine my crazy work schedule with the fact that when I'm driving, I'm in and out of parking garages with no cell service and that whole no talking on the phone law in DC... I'm on my way to becoming the world's most out of touch friend.



Thank you to those of you kind enough to IM me when you're at work and those of you who don't mind the late-night phone call.



I appreciate it.



I kind of did "nothing" this weekend.  But at the same time, I feel quite accomplished.  My apartment is super-clean. Like smells-like cleaning products clean, and I love it.  I switched my closet over from summer to fall/winter.  I finished a book I feel like I've been LIVING in, only to close the book, turn it over, and start all over again.  It's that REAL to me.  Took Brokaw to the dog park.  Made lasagna.  Actually watched television.



So, no exciting meeting of White House Correspondents this weekend. But there is that women's dinner tomorrow night - so I'll mingle then  :)



You've all been here, I'm sure: When you hear a song and it makes you think of someone right away.  You see them with every word.  Imagine what it would be like to dance with them to that song.  To sing it to them.  This is really cheesy - but for the past week - I can't get this song out of my head.  But it's not some boy that my heart melts for over this song - nope - it's my God.  He's really doing a number on my heart right now, and I'm thankful.  I want to milk it for all it's worth.  When I get in these introspective/spiritual places, I listen to a lot of Sarah McLachlan.  Anyway - here's the song:



"Push"



Every time I look at you the world just melts away
All my troubles all my fears dissolve in your affections
You've seen me at my weakest but you take me as I am
And when I fall you offer me a softer place to land

Chorus
You stay the course you hold the line you keep it all together
You're the one true thing I know I can believe in
You're all the things that I desire you save me you complete me
You're the one true thing I know I can believe

I get mad so easy but you give me room to breathe
No matter what I say or do cause you're too good to fight about it
Even when I have to push just to see how far you'll go
You wont stoop down to battle but you never turn to go

Chorus

There are times I cant decide when I cant tell up from down
You make me feel less crazy when otherwise Id drown
But you pick me up & brush me off and tell me I'm OK
sometimes thats just what we need to get us through the day



Img_3983

















Img_3989

















Img_3990





No comments: