Monday, April 2, 2007

Ouch!

So, check out this excerpt from the Louisville Courier-Journal:



"... If you're on the downside of a trend, you just can't sit there slip-sliding away. So you fire the executive producer and bring in someone new who is an old hand in the business and has undoubtedly been fired two or three times somewhere else. It amounts to changing uniforms for the football team. Everybody gets excited, but it doesn't mean much. The executive producer can and will change some things, if for no other reason than to establish his or her reign and to make a mark. But it's like trimming the hedges to make the house look different. It works around the edges but doesn't really affect the main structure..."



OUCH! How's THAT for downplaying the importance of MY JOB? That hurts! Well, not really MY job... same title, but in the game of evening network news, it's a whole different ballgame, I know. Major leagues, I am so farm team... scrimmaging, in spring training.



I'm struggling to stay awake this morning. Thank god Kelly brought in some gourmet jelly beans. I don't think I'd make it if it weren't for the party mix: sour apple, popcorn, coffee, tangerine and grape jelly beans. Mmmmm. Actually, it sounds kind of gross, but I'm game for the sugar, that's for sure.



I had a triple venti non-fat toffee nut latte' on my way in last night. Seriously, they should card you at STBX. It's THAT good and has THAT much of an impact on me!





1 comment:

wholesale cheap sunglasses said...

Thank you for sharing your blog,Thank you for sharing those personal memories and details. I know how deeply you love your farther.And how deeply your farther love you.Hope you happy.