Sunday, April 15, 2007

Catching Up...

My apologies to those of you who have been waiting on my spiritual enlightenment about myspace. Sorry. This will certainly not live up to any type of anticipation, that's for sure. Please forgive me. I forgot to put this out there, but in the spirit of getting caught up - here you go:



Sometimes I see random spiritual applications in everyday things. Now, some people would consider this a breath from the Holy Spirit or whatever, this is not that, I assure you. It's just one of my quirks.  It doesn't happen on a regular enough basis to depend on it, sometimes I get little droplets that are semi-wise... and applicable in life, however, mostly, they're amusing, at best, and at that, sometimes, only to myself.



Sge_jjs06_220606135218_photo01_quicDeep thoughts about myspace.com... I think myspace is, in a way, a microcosm of life. The life, or image would really be a better word, that we create for ourselves. It's perfect for the human condition. We have complete control of what people get to know about us. How much they get, when, and in what setting.  Every little thing, from what we're interested in, to how we look in pictures, the background, the song, it's all handpicked, by us.  We can create a feeling with this space. Let people believe this represents who we are. But, really? Seriously? Myspace does no better job of keeping us safe in ourselves and people at a distance of only knowing so much... than we can do for ourselves in "real life."  Some things are easier on myspace than they are in real life though. You can literally choose who you want to be your friend, and who you will deny. You can completely block some people out.  Some people keep score, just like life. Look at my friends, I have so many! They are all this type of people, etc., etc., etc. How does your space measure up to someone else's space?



See what I'm saying? I thought of this because my church is going thru a series called "myjesus.com" and one by one, it has challenged us to look at ourselves, who we are in relation to who God really is. How we relate to him and how we relate to others.  It's hard to do at all really if we are so concerned with portraying our image of ourselves a certain way.  If you spend all your time controlling what is going in/out/all the transactions of self, you will completely miss the point. The people that are around you. The community. The economy of God.



I don't want to miss a thing.  And yet, I hope you like my space. What a conundrum, huh? This is the human condition. Welcome, it's a place for friends. :)



No comments: