Sunday, January 21, 2007

Waiting On The Truth

  RussgrimmMiketomlin



My city is being held hostage this weekend. Hostage as in it's tied up, and doesn't know the truth, or the future.



Bill Cowher retired, and since the day he did so, wearing that horrible Huxtable sweater, the big question has been "Who will the next coach of the Steelers be?" It almost seems as if nothing else matters. Half the city could burn down and we'd still cover the "Coach Watch."  People live and breathe Black & Gold here. And I'm not kidding. Or exaggerating.



That said, this weekend has kind of been hilarious.  We're down to three potential coaches: Russ Grimm, Mike Tomlin, Ron Rivera.  Well Rivera's been tied up because 'Da Bears have been doing so well.  Tomlin and Grimm have been interviewed and re-interviewed.



Okay, so yesterday Sports Illustrated reported Tomlin got the job. So did espn.com. Then the local papers were split... the Post-Gazette said Tomlin.  The Trib said Grimm. I watched the news last night and it was pretty much "Mixed reports in the media."  No comment from the Steelers. Tomlin said if he had been offered the job, he didn't know about it.



Sigh. See what I mean? Everyone wants to know so badly. Everyone wants to be the first to know. What is the future? Who is the man? Where are we going? What will next season look like? Swirling.



This is typical of our lives, huh?  We are in such a frenzy to know what/who's next that we don't wait patiently on THE TRUTH. The truth that is right/true/definite/sets us free.



My friends, the truth will be revealed, in its time. There is no need to swirl around in a sea of uncertainty. Sit back. Relax. Trust. The truth has a way of coming out.



That... is my wisdom for the night. In an hour, I'll be at work writing about the Grimm/Tomlin possibilities. Ironic, huh? I just thought while my God shared a "truth" with me, I'd pass it along to you. Be blessed this week.



1 comment:

ann said...

You know how I feel about professional football--but all I have to say is---they weren't even that good this year so people need to get over it!!!!