Friday, January 5, 2007

Happy Friday!

Finally!! These past two four day weeks have been way too long. It's rainy and I'm feeling particularly reflective today. 



Bill Cowher resigned.



I saw a few people at work get watches the other day to celebrate 10 years with the company. That made me really mad. A watch? Seriously? For 10 years of your life?



Then, this morning, Matt Lauer celebrated 10 years on Today. There were shout outs from celebrities, old co-workers came by to congratulate, they had a 10 layer cake and a live performance from the lead singer of Five For Fighting.



Now, that's what I'm talking about.  I don't want my life to pass me by while I earn a watch. I want that 10 layer cake at 30 rock, I'm pretty sure.



So, me, my ipod, my Wall Street Journal, my Newsweek and my Relevant are going to Starbucks, where I will plot my future. 14586__matt_lauer_l_1Ecwm8_1Cowherbill06_01_1041005_starbucks



3 comments:

Mike Ritter said...

I thought of you when I saw Lauer's anniversary. Your party sounds like fun. Now to last 10 years. It's a tough business.

Ben Edens said...

10 years at one job?? I'm getting close to that...do you ever want to be on the air?....if you want to host the Today Show...you have to be perky...plus I think you're too smart, you know, a conservative Republican that can think

Cameron said...

I can't imagine 10 years on a job... Most I've done is just over 2, albeit not in my field... but I guess if it's what you enjoy and what you trained for, it'd make a difference.
Me, I'm still working my way up to the top. ;)