Sunday, December 17, 2006

Beginnings & Endings

Today my bestest friend, Ann and her cousin, Emily, arrive for a quick trip. It is sure to be fun and too quick.  My house is very clean and my hopes are high that my dog will behave.  We shall see.



Img_0652I'd like to give a shout out to my friend and co-worker, Missi.  She graduated from college this week (holla!) and she's set up for a fabulous future, I'm sure, because she has fabulous taste in shoes.  Missi is one of the funniest people in the newsroom and she's a joy to work with.



Friday morning, driving home from work, I planned to reward myself for making it to Friday (one of the pleasures of single life -- you can reward yourself whenever you feel like it, and you can make up the rules as you go) Sadness quickly set in.  They have apparently closed my Einstein Bros. Bagels!! Ohhhh Nooo. I was just getting into "Two punch Tuesdays" and I have purchased two Christmas coffee samplers for myself.  I felt like the girl behind the counter was just beginning to recognize me and know automatically that I wanted a Large coffee to go and a Turkey sausage, egg and cheese, on sesame seed. This is terrible news.  I love Starbucks, or STBX as some of my friends affectionately call it, but I blame STBX for Einstein's demise.  They moved in next door. C'mon people, shop around! You can't get a bagel sandwich at STBX. Share the love. Einstein, I will miss you dearly.



  Img_0653Img_0659



2 comments:

christin said...

awww, I feel you on the Einstein loss. Though I don't go there every day, I do like that place, and they have great seasonal blend coffees. wait until February, they usually have Creme Brulee all month. one of the best flavored coffees I've ever had!!! but you've gotta find another one. this is really sad. damn STBX. (although I don't really mean that STBX, if you're reading this!! I LOVE YOU!!!)

Becky said...

I just want to state for the record that Christin did not coin the abbreviation STBX. I did. She stole it from me. I just wanted to clarify. :)