Thursday, September 7, 2006

Difficult Day

"I get the facts, I study them patiently, I apply imagination." -- (Bernard Baruch)



Today will be a long and difficult day at work.  Some days are long and difficult because of people.  Some days are long and difficult because it's Monday. Or because it's only Thursday. Or because you have too much work to do and not enough time.  Some days in the news business, it's like mining.  You churn out what you can, maximizing your output, making it the best it can be.  It's just coal.  It's your product.  It's what's expected of you, so you produce it.  Other days, it gets to you.  Today will be one of those days. It will be long. And it will be difficult.  And I as a producer will have to balance two major influences of this city.  A majestic, prestigious goodbye to a beloved leader (whom I also loved) and a majestic, prestigious beginning to long awaited season for a team of defending Super Bowl Champs whom this city loves more than life itself.  Balance will be key.  Thankfully, I am bringing in good coffee and I already know from the conference call that my boss is bringing in bagels.  So long Bob O'Connor.  Well done.  And Steelers, here we go.



Imagedfec8fb415d64b69bf6f1be816f485aeHienz106



No comments: