Wednesday, August 9, 2006

welcome back to the real world

  this is the true story. of one girl. who was off for four days in a row. and is now back to work. this is what happens when people stop being polite. and start being real.  the real world. pittsburgh.



or something like that.  it was just flowing out of me so I let it flow... hope you didn't mind.



So, yeah... I had 4 days off in a row and I didn't hit the road.  I just chilled here in the 'burgh.  I had some sweet time with the puppy.  I was ultra-productive.  I have a perfectly clean SUV and an empty garage to prove it.  I got caught up on just about every aspect of my life.  It's so refreshing.  Now, if I can just keep up... hmm.. we'll see how that goes.



Can we talk for a minute about bad drivers?  I feel like I used to be more patient, but now, not so much.  You know how little kids get shots.. then when they're about 12, they get boosters?  Well, I suggest a merging booster for people who are at or around 50. Seriously, is it metabolic?  Do people suddenly forget how to merge?  Is there some kind of hormone output that forces their right foot DOWN ONTO THE BRAKE?  whew, thanks, I needed to get that off my chest



I took Brokaw to a pug meetup.  He's only 1/2 pug but he crashed their party.  He was welcomed and made a few new friends!!



1july2006_0561july2006_058_1 He seemed to gravitate towards the black pugs.  I guess he figured they were the minorities... and since he was the ONLY puggle there, he'd run with them.  They seemed to have a blast.  I will definitely attend another event. 



Oh.... guess who I am going to see Sunday?!?!?!



113





Yee-haw!! That's right, Kenny Chesney!! My sister hooked me up with some tix so my dad will be my date and I'm really looking forward to it.  Kenny, you bring the cowboy hat, the tank top, the jeans and those arms and I will bring myself, my smile, my digital camera and hopefully a fresh sunburn. 



I still don't understand how Renee' Z could have ever broken up with this man? Just look at him standing there on the ocean, by the beautiful mountain.  Man. He makes me want to be on vacation.  So, Sunday, I shall pretend.  Hours later, I will be back in my SUV, likely wondering why I have yet again decided to drive 500 miles for 2 days.  Oh well, it will be worth it, and I will get to see the people I love the most on this planet, so I'm pumped.



4 days off... 3 days of work... 3 days off again... I could get used to this!!



In other news... this week marked a year since a couple of things.  1.  Peter Jennings died.  I can't believe it's been a year!   And it's so crazy how much network news has changed since.  Come September, Katie hits the mix so it could get interesting.  Also one year ago, I broke up with my boyfriend, which was one of the most difficult things I have ever done.  Looking back though, it was definitely the right decision.  I think we are both happier people for it.  Random reflections, I know... but remember where you are.  :)



Until next time..



No comments: