Friday, June 23, 2006

I often feel like I have A LOT to say.  However, not much of it is quotable. Emerson didn't have that problem.  While I don't see eye to eye with him on everything, I think the following statement is cool:



"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."



--Ralph Waldo Emerson



Okay, that's all for my intellectual side this morning.  Now, I'm off to watch Mary J. Blige on Good Morning America. Ha! Oh, and my home brew this morning is Swiss Chocolate Almond.  Mmmm.... No one will ruin this fabulous friday, even if they try!



One more thing: I caught a little bit of "Supergroup" on VH1.  OH. NO.  The only thing worse than wacked out 80's rockers that can't talk in complete sentences is the same guys, 20 years later.  I think reality television has now officially thought of everything.  Sebastian Bach. The Nuge. Scott Ian. Jason Bonham.  Just when It was safe to secretly have a Skid Row song in the deep in the bowels of your ipod where no one can see, there's this.  It's such a wierd show.



I am mad at VH1 by the way.  While they're airing Supergroup and repeat episodes of what happened to the child stars, they could be re-airing the Nick Lachey behind the music.  That would make my day.  I still haven't seen it!!  And I thought they hopelessly repeated everything?!



Nick, I will proudly take what's left of you and your new resolution.  I guess I'll have to get my Nick fix on youtube for now.



Seriously, I'm gone now.  Happy happy Friday!



1 comment:

Gretchen said...

OH yeah Supergroup!! Weird, but I can't stop watching. I am going to call you in a little to see what you are doing tonight and tomorrow so we can come see pup-ster.
P.S
To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
This is to have succeeded.
-Emerson is da bomb. Thanks for reminding me.