Saturday, February 18, 2006

Word up

I am ashamed to admit it... but tonight i cracked open a Bible for the first time in, well, weeks... I know it's by no mistake or coincidence what I stumbled upon.  I was reading through Colossians...



"Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance.  It is the Lord Christ whom you serve." --Colossians 3:23-24



I needed that reminder.  I have been down this week because I am worried that I am not living up to the expectations of my new bosses.  While thier opinion does matter, it's not the end-all, be-all of my existance.  How comforting to know that what I really need to focus on is being me, for my Jesus.  Just by doing that, and keeping my eyes on Him, I won't fall short of His expectations.  It feels good to be in the middle of His peace and understanding.





No comments: