Friday, February 17, 2006

tgif

Overwhelmed Thank God it's Friday.  I am so overwhelmed in my new job.  It's really testing me.  Testing me professionally.  Testing me emotionally.  Stretching me, challenging me, humbling me.  I am exhausted, and couldn't be happier that it's finally Friday.  I'm in love with Saturday and Sunday right now.  2 days of rest.  Beautiful.  My brain needs a break.  It's been working overtime.  I feel like I should stay in my pajamas all day, watch cartoons and eat macaroni and cheese.  I need to just veg.  I don't want to do anything that requires any mental effort.



So I left my last job because I was "ready for a challenge."  Man, did I get one!  This show that I'm producing is a monster.  I feel lost in it.  It's frustrating because I know how to produce a good newscast it's just I don't know yet how to do that here.  I didn't realize how much work it would be, how hard it would be to not be familiar with the area, and how long it takes to get used to a new computer system.  I miss Avid. (I know that doesn't mean anything to some of you, but it does to the newsies, I just had to declare that publicly)  Every day is getting better, I learn a little more, need a little less help from everyone else... it's just hard to go from the top at one place to being the new kid, the one who "doesn't get it."  Everyone is telling me that I'm making good progress and doing a good job... I'm probably just being hard on myself.  I just hate screwing up.  Unfortunately, that's just part of the process. And this process is the "challenge" I was so up for in the beginning.  Sorry for the long vent... It's been a long week.  I'll be recharged, well read, and ready to go Monday morning.  And this time next week, I won't be as lost.  Please pray for me as I grow.



No comments: