Sunday, February 3, 2013

A New Chapter

I finished my first week at work. Insert celebratory date night picture here.

Which means I'm not quite feeling like a foreigner in a country I'm not used to, but also not feeling like I've been in the neighborhood for a long time.

I have the computer login.
I know people's names, but not their phone extensions.

It's very familiar, because I worked at this same television station 10 years ago.
I was 23 years old, and just starting out on my dream journey to become a network television news producer who covers the White House.

Now I return, having been a network television news producer who has covered the White House.
There are a lot of the same people there, a lot of the same technology systems.

But, a lot has changed, as well. There are new people, a new set, and literally some walls that weren't there before.

I'm sitting one cubicle over from where 23 year old Dana Brown sat. It's so weird. Like riding in the backseat of your own car or something.

But, I'm 100% certain I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be. I'm so pumped to learn, and to grow in ways that I haven't yet.

And I'm looking forward to experiencing covering the news in my hometown now that I'm a legit adult. Now that I'm not looking at this job as a stop on the train that is speeding towards all those "dream job" goals.

This is me.
I am here.
I am here to do this, and only this.

And I'm so ready.
I can't wait to be a part of this team.
To be a leader in the newsroom.
To be a force of good and take journalism in this market to the next level.

I start Monday.
Bring it on.

5 comments:

Cheri said...

New chapters are always exciting and I'm sure you are right where God wants you! Be a blessing! Much love, Cheri

Garry said...

In some cases, you CAN go home again.=) I looked for some video of you during the big storm last week and didn't find any. As a person with cerebral palsy,I'm very proud of how you married Michael and chose to share you lives woth others.I work for some radio stations in Houston, so we share something in common. Stay happy in your journey.=)

R. Molder said...

Love this! You share your heart so well.

Kate said...

So glad you had a good first week and you feel your where you meant to be. You sound like your raring to go! Such a lovely picture of you guys, you look so happy. Here's to new chapters *chinks glass, cheers*

Kate
The Tales of Me

Jaimie L. Moore said...

I'm not even sure how I stumbled on your blog, but I am a former TV news producer and my husband is a quad as well, although a C2. I loved reading this blog about retuning to your hometown TV station. It was great! And congrats on the eBook! Very exciting and along the same lines of something I hope to do one day.