Sunday, December 30, 2012

On the Move

I slept until 9:30 this morning.
Oh, Holy Night!

It was glorious.
Michael gave me a half hour-plus massage last night.

You know what? There is a lot that I have to deal with that a lot of other wives don't. I will admit that I do sometimes wonder what it would be like if it were easier.

But.
I bet there wouldn't be half hour-plus massages.
And, I would miss those.

We are moving soon.
There are small boxes and big boxes stacked in our office and in our living room. And in one of those boxes, I think I've packed my keys. Guess I will find out soon.

This morning, I'm Craigslisting for more free boxes, and contemplating driving to work so that I can start saving stuff off of this computer onto a couple of different hard drives.

I've moved a lot in my adult life. This one is so much more complicated. Moving when you're single is easier than moving when you're married. And, I've never had to completely back up a computer before. What a blessing having a MacBook Pro for work has been!

Soon... I will have my own! A new computer.
A new house.
A whole new life.

The past week and a half has been heavy on the investment side of getting there. But today, after a full night's rest, I am full of hope. I can't wait to get home.

2013 is going to be amazing for us. I just know it.
We have this James Morrison station on Pandora playing in the background this morning.
I told Michael that I love this station, that every single song makes me want to dance with him.
He told me he feels the same way, that this is the "we can get through anything together" station.

I think this will be playing pretty much non-stop for the next 2 weeks or so.

No comments: