Saturday, October 13, 2012

Saturday Morning Post

Oh hey, Saturday morning.
I have missed you.

I woke up a little bit ago, but just laid in the bed with the noise machine still on.
I prayed a little bit, and thanked God that life is so good right now.
I even thanked Him that we don't have kids yet and things like quiet Saturday mornings that don't start until after 9:00 still existed in my life.

Then, I got up.

And I found, not in this order - poop, pee, and puke.
And the cat was screaming at me, and eating some of Michael's paperwork that was left within her range on the dining room table.
I cleaned up the aforementioned three p's.
Made coffee.
Picked up the mess I left around the apartment last night, then I realized that Brokaw thought it would be a good morning to pee on my shower curtain.

Great. Bonus.
So, I cleaned some more, took the dogs out in the cold, fed them and the cat, gave Michael his pills and the bed controller so he can sit up in bed with his computer and some coffee for a little bit.

And, here I am.
Watching the Saturday morning local news, nestled on the edge of my couch, drinking coffee that's unfortunately not all that hot - out of my University of Denver Presidential Debate mug.

I'm about to read the booklets that came with my P90X DVDs I got in the mail when I got home from Kentucky yesterday.

I'm equal parts excited and scared.

And Brokaw really needs to stop barking at the air outside.
I love him, but he is driving me crazy.

Happy weekend, y'all!

2 comments:

Cheri said...

Why do dogs love shower curtains? It was a great day to sleep in but our Fed ex man rang my door bell very early to wake my dogs! Have a great weekend.

Kristen Maddux said...

Sometimes I wonder if it's true satan can't read our thoughts. Because I've had so many moments just like this where I think, really? I was just praising God that this or that WASN'T an issue right now...
Oh well, onward and upward! God is stronger than all of it.