Saturday, April 7, 2012

Saturday Morning Post


Good morning and happy Saturday, y'all!  After some time on the road for work, I'm home again.  I celebrated by sitting on the couch and watching about 15 episodes of Army Wives.

Have you seen this show? I admit, it's Lifetimey, it's Soap Operaey, but I like it.  I couldn't watch it when my brother was in Afghanistan, but over the last 5 weeks, I've blown through about 5 seasons.

Did I mention I love Netflix and I don't miss cable?

This morning Brokaw is barking way too much.  I kind of want to open the door to the porch and let him out.  But, he's kind of the center of my world, so maybe I won't do that.  Maybe he'll go back into the bedroom with M, curl up, and go back to sleep.  I hope.

I just might make a Lemon cake today!  I saw it in a cooking magazine I got at Wal-Mart yesterday, and it's been a while since I've had time to try something new in the kitchen.  So, I just might do that.  But, I'll probably need to go buy some lemon extract.  Which could de-rail the entire project because my desire to a) leave the house today and b) wear anything but black yoga pants is seriously deficient.

I had a banana/nutella toast sandwich this morning.  Diet killer alert.  Oops! I'm pretty sure it was worth it.  I would love to swim in Nutella.

Of course.  Now it's 9:00am, time for me to go get M up and dressed... and NOW Brokaw is going to sleep on the basket of clean laundry.

Wonder if I will ever really be ready for a kid? I like sleep and quiet a whole lot.  Day three of my 5 day weekend.... yippee!! I'll let you know what happens with that lemon cake.

Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

gentrier said...

I hate to cook but love to eat. Matt is certain he will starve to death at my hands. Poor guy. When I do cook, I want it to be healthy and organic and he likes southern style food ...which I can not bring myself to prepare. As far as kids go...I have those same thoughts. I will probably over utilize family in the childcare dept until I adapt.