Friday, July 23, 2010

"What Doesn't Kill Me..."

Dana and I had a great date night on Thursday. She had a wonderful day at 1600 and I had been on a successful job interview. We were able to meet at Macy's in DC because it's on the Metro. They had a TREMENDOUS sale going on. I bought her a stoneware serving set and she bought sheets for our new king bed. Then we went to a restaurant (sit-down with waitresses) and enjoyed some happy hour appetizers, a vanilla creme something, and about a gallon of ice water.
The heat and a day out and about two states and the District wo' me out! So, on the way home (TGFTM) I needed some rest. After about an hour rest in the AC I did pretty good --slept like a log last night, though.
Dana felt really bad about me being so exhausted. She worries about me too much: afraid she's pushing me too hard. Somebody unnamed warned her, "don't kill that boy."
What Dana doesn't realize --and what I'm only starting to realize myself-- is how much I needed somebody to enjoy life with. Because of Dana I have new energy to accomplish goals, improve myself, grow spiritually, build my strength, and live. Marriage brought me accountability and purpose that focus me like never before.
So, even though she worries about me, I believe, "what doesn't kill me makes me stronger."

2 comments:

Rebecca (Sam's wife) said...

big smile...you guys are perfect for each other.

heidi said...

beautiful.