Sunday, February 21, 2010

What's for Dinner: Garlic-Parmesan Tilapia



This week, things are looking up in the food department! Last night, I made Garlic-Parmesan Tilapia, with steamed zucchini and yellow squash (I had frozen it last week to save it from the trash can, that's why it looks all limp), rice pilaf, and garlic toast on homemade bread.

Question for my fellow cooks... what's up with this? My cookie sheet got all lop-sided in the oven! M says it's because of temperature change. But I can't imagine there's any way to avoid that... I mean going from the counter... into an oven, you're bound to have a temperature change, right? Help me straighten this out:
I also made my best bread dough, ever. It rose to the heavens! I baked one loaf yesterday, and froze the other loaf for later. We'll see how that turns out... I haven't ever frozen bread dough, but I googled it, so I'm sure it will be fine.

Isn't that some beautiful dough??? I'm so confident, haha! Guess I'm getting the hang of it, after baking bread pretty much every weekend for like 7 weeks now! The Frugal Girl will be so proud! :)

1 comment:

Diane Moody said...

Hi Dana! Just catching up on your posts. I used to have the same problem with my cookie sheets, until my mom gave me some really good quality cookie sheets. Heavy duty stuff. Made a WORLD of difference and I still have them 28 years later! A worthy investment for someone who loves kitchen stuff! Let me know if that helps,okay?