Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My dog has a hernia

I am not even kidding you.  Today, I took Brokaw to the vet for his bordetella booster - because I'm traveling again in February and he needs to be able to stay at the PetsHotel.  Since he was a new patient, he had to have the exam and the whole bit.  My puggle weighs 24.3 lbs. and he's not even chubby!  So, the vet is feeling all around Brokaw's abdomen, and he stops at this one point. "Hmmm." Hmmm? What? Then he tells me Brokaw has a little hernia. I'm all what? Seriously? My dog has a hernia? Are you kidding me? And so, naturally, I say, out loud, "Well, I do make him do all the heavy lifting." Well... Mr. Serious Vet didn't laugh.  Not even a smile. Not even a hint at either corner of his mouth.  Then he goes all scientific on me and explains how dogs are embryos at one point and certain stuff has to go through this little hole and it's very common and it's not a problem but it needs to be monitored. So, my dog has a hernia. Wow. I certainly didn't see that one coming. Img_4455



No comments: