Wednesday, September 28, 2005

les is more

Scan0002 I think I may have missed my calling.  Or maybe I was a bit too obsessed with Encyclopedia Brown as a child.  Last night, I couldn't sleep... and I accomplished something monumental.  That's more than I can say for any other night of insomnia on record. When I was growing up, my brother's best friend, Les, had trouble at home.  His mom was a crackhead.  One year, she dropped him off at my brother Chris's birthday party and never came back.  Les pretty much grew up at our house.  Then through some circumstances, he ended up leaving, circa 1997.  Two years ago, when my Papa Tom was dying, I tried really hard to find Les because Papa wanted to see him "all grown up."  I tried.  I couldn't find Les Smith.  Well... last night, through some pretty impressive detective work, I FOUND HIM!! I haven't exactly made contact yet... but I have an address and phone number and I'm 100 percent sure it's him!  I called, no answer... I drove by his apartment, but it was a little sketchy and it was getting dark and I was alone, so I didn't get out of my car.  But I know he's out there.  "Out there," HA!  It turns out, Les and I live in the same city... the same city we met in when I was 9 and he was 7.  I can't wait to see him now.  I'll make sure to post an update.  Until then, here's a pic of les from a long time ago. 



1 comment:

Courtney said...

WOW! I know how hard you've been trying and it's finally paid off!! I miss Les!!