Saturday, April 25, 2015

Timehop: Then, now, and trying to let go of the "what's next?" life

I am a writer who requires a lot of space. I haven't had a lot of that lately. But I have had a lot of adventure!

Do you have the Timehop app on your phone?

Life is a giant Timehop, you know.
In the wise words of Truvy, "Honey, time marches on and eventually you realize it is marchin' across your face."

This morning, I had an hour of quiet on the patio. Well, after Brokaw begged me to bring his blanket out there so he could join me. God forbid he lay on the actual ground, you know, like a dog.

I am overwhelmed with gratitude. For where I am. Right here on this back porch.

I never thought I'd be here.
In Myrtle Beach. Random.

I didn't think I wanted to be a News Director.

Timehop.

As I scan the app on my phone, I see a girl at the White House Correspondents' Dinner. A girl sitting for new head shots because she's all about blogging and writing. An eager crossfitter. An exhausted caregiver. A girl who learns how to bake. How to plant a little garden.

I hop from one thing to the next. It's all documented with those little graphics that say "1 year ago... 4 years ago..."

---
I am a naturally driven person. I came out that way. I never struggled with making and reaching goals. My struggle is that I'm addicted to it. I always have to be moving towards whatever the next thing is.

When I was a young producer, it was all about getting to a higher profile newscast. Then a bigger market. My big dream? DC. The White House. I did it. Then it was getting the big interviews on the campaign trail.

When it came to love, I slowly fell in love with a boy over the internet who I always knew deep-down, he'd be the one for me.

It wasn't until I got married that I faced things that I couldn't just hop over.

My husband's disability was a huge one. It rocked my world. Fundamentally changed me on the inside and the outside. I'm used to it now. I've made peace with "three."

A couple of years ago, I thought I'd turn the amp down on my career, move home, make a baby. It didn't work out like that. I was sad for a while.

But, now I look around here where I am, and I'm not sad I don't have a baby. I came through that and ended up in this place. This random place. Myrtle Beach.

It turns out, I love being a news director.

Time marches on.
I'm a grown-up now. Maybe some time soon I'll learn to stop thinking so much about where I've been and where I'm going and enjoy the right now.

12 comments:

Jaimie L. Moore said...

I hear you're a great ND, too. :) xo.

Kristen said...

So happy for you! I've really missed your writing, but am excited to see all the awesome things God is doing for and through you!

amendro chantill said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kerry Schultz said...

being a learner myself while writing different https://www.theukdissertations.com/. it gives me a some inspiration reading your post. you are so amazing with your soulful writings. keep posting

petterson said...

I was looking of your posts on this site page and I consider this site page is truly enlightening ! Keep setting up.
buy dissertation online

OGEN Infosystem (P) Limited said...

Hi dear, your blog was really informative and valuable as I read before sometimes. Thank you so much for sharing this kind of informative post. Visit for
Europe Honeymoon Packages

GG. said...

Thanks for your page! Your website is very nice and interesting. Thanks for telling this story.
Reviews of Hotels

Sophie Grace said...

Great Post! I really like it drama wiki

Anonymous said...

DR EMU WHO HELP PEOPLE IN ANY TYPE OF LOTTERY NUMBERS
It is a very hard situation when playing the lottery and never won, or keep winning low fund not up to 100 bucks, i have been a victim of such a tough life, the biggest fund i have ever won was 100 bucks, and i have been playing lottery for almost 12 years now, things suddenly change the moment i came across a secret online, a testimony of a spell caster called dr emu, who help people in any type of lottery numbers, i was not easily convinced, but i decided to give try, now i am a proud lottery winner with the help of dr emu, i won $1,000.0000.00 and i am making this known to every one out there who have been trying all day to win the lottery, believe me this is the only way to win the lottery.

Contact him on email Emutemple@gmail.com
What's app +2347012841542
Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/
Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

bamgosoo said...



A person necessarily assist to make seriously articles I’d state.
That is the first time I frequented your web page and thus far?

my web page; 풀싸롱
(jk)

FIRMWARE said...

Need The To Hire A Hacker❓ Then contact FIRMWARE

The really amazing deal about contacting FIRMWARE is that the Hack done by us can’t get traced to you, as every Hacking job we do is strongly protected by our Firewall. It’s like saying if anyone tries to trace the Hack, it will lead them to us and we block whatever actions they are doing.

We have been Invisible to Authorities for almost a decade now and if you google FIRMWARE not really about us comes out, you can only see comments made by us or about us.

Another Amazing thing to you benefit from Hiring our Hackers is that you get a Legit and the best Hacking service, As we provide you with Professional Hackers who have their Hacking Areas of specialization.
We perform every Hack there is, using special Hacking tools we get from the dark web.

Some list of Hacking Services we provide are-:
▪️Phone Hacking & Cloning ✅
▪️Computer Hacking ✅
▪️Emails & Social Media Account Hacking✅
▪️Recovering Deleted Files✅
▪️Tracking & Finding People ✅
▪️Hunting Down Scammers✅
▪️Hack detecting ✅
▪️Stealing/Copying Files & Documents From Restricted Networks and Servers ✅
▪️Credit Score Manipulation ✅
▪️ Deleting Criminal Records✅
▪️Bitcoin Multiplication✅
▪️Binary Option Money Recovery ✅
▪️Scam Money Recovery✅
And lots more......


Whatever Hacking service you require, just give us an Email to the Emails Address provided below.
firmwarehacks@gmail.com
FIRMWAREHACKS@GMAIL.COM



“AS LONG AS ITS TECHNOLOGY IT WILL BE HACKED”


FIRMWARE
2021 © All Right Reserved..

Thomas Yi said...

I'm Thomas Yi from the United States. I started playing lottery games 3 years ago and I have never won big. I went online to seek help on how I can win big in my lottery games and I saw some nice reviews about Dr Amber who has made different people huge winners in their lottery games with his prayers. I gave it a try and I contacted Dr Amber who told me how and what to do before I can become a big lotto winner and I accepted. He made special prayers for me at his temple and gave me the required numbers to play the lotto game and when I played it, I won a massive $235.4 million POWERBALL jackpot. I was so happy and I chose to receive my winnings in a one-time, lump-sum payment of $160,038,447.27 at Florida Lottery Headquarters in Tallahassee and the balance was given to the store that I bought & played the game from. I would love other people to seek help from him and he can be contacted through email on: amberlottotemple@yahoo.com or WhatsApp with this number +1 (406) 646-2222..