Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I Don't Have Everything I Want, But That's Okay

Obligatory cute picture of Brokaw.

I stress myself out. If only I could get away from myself.

I am in this strange season of being overwhelmed - yet - for the first time ever - I think I'm truly learning to slow down.

To take moments here and there.

Learning from my easygoing, slow-paced, smell-the-roses husband?

Let's not panic.

What a year this has been. I thought I'd move away from the fast-paced, long commute, lots-of-travel life of living in DC and move "back home," start a family, and have a little more in the bank account.

Almost nothing is working out as I expected.

I am not used to, nor do I like it when things don't go my way.

But - I am learning, I am growing, I am thankful, and we are a tighter team than we've ever been.

So - we'll keep on keepin' on. I'll put one foot in front of the other, try to stay obedient, make good choices, and fight that never-ending fight of comparing myself and us and everything we are and have to everything else everyone else claims to be and what they have.

Life is good.

There is much to be thankful for. And new and good friends all the time.

Boy, I'm reflective tonight. I blame the pumpkin pictures on Facebook. They get me every year.

No comments: