Friday, May 24, 2013

CrossFit is Changing my Life


I can't remember if I've written here about how I gained 30 pounds in two years, but I did.

I gained 30 pounds in 2 years.

I blame the campaign. I traveled so much, and ate a lot of Boston Creams and a ton of 2:00 a.m. Taco Bell, and well, I didn't work out.

Like, pretty much, ever.

And my thighs and my stomach turned into tubes of biscuit dough.
It was horrible.
I felt terrible about it, but just didn't have the energy to do anything about it.

So, I just pretended like I was okay with it. And ate some Swiss Cake Rolls.

Then, when I saw a few pictures of myself, and especially videos of just how bad it really was, I thought about doing something about it.

Then we moved.
And I started a new job, a new overnight schedule, and I wrote an eBook.
Then we were on a TV show.
And I just got fatter and fatter.
The worst part was losing my shape.

I've been chubby before, but it was different. At least I was able to maintain my shape. I'm really short, so any weight shows up quickly. But, like I said, I was always able to maintain my shape. I have a lot of muscle tone, naturally. I'm a little power house! :)

But this time, this fatness was out of control.
I saw and felt myself getting round.
Getting fat in my tummy. I'm not naturally fat there. I'm a butt and thighs kind of girl.
Anyway - about a month ago, my sister told me about a CrossFit Groupon. We bought it, and I was so scared to death to try it. I was afraid I would look like a Biggest Loser contestant on day one.

But we went.
And I didn't die that first day.
Or the second day.
And I'm still alive!

It's been about a month.
And my scale is broken (I didn't do it, the battery died) but I actually think that's okay, because I'd rather measure my loss in inches anyway.

I've lost four inches in my waist in a month, y'all!

The best part of all - I'm addicted.
Other CrossFitters told me this would happen.
I was afraid it wouldn't happen to me.
How could I become addicted to painful workouts?

It happened.
And I'm so glad.
It's really fun to watch and feel my body go back to where it's supposed to be. I love slipping on jeans that actually fit. And the best part of all is that Michael is noticing it, and using words like "tiny" and "slim" to describe me. Bless his heart. That's definitely a stretch, but it's cute how much he loves me.

And for the record - he never stopped loving me, even in the height of my fatness.
He's a good one.

For the record... my CrossFit hero? My little brother. That's him, there. Dead lifting 475 lbs. I want my legs to look like that.



6 comments:

Kristen Maddux said...

Well. Don't feel bad. I gained 15 pounds since DECEMBER. With my husbands surgery, my pain & a whole bunch of other stuff that landed at the exact same time, I got straight-up depressed. Food was one thing I just wasn't going to worry about. UNTIL I couldn't fit in my clothes anymore. oops!
I do weight watchers, which really works well for me (since I'm not able to exercise anymore). So I'm working on the weight loss thing too, girl! I SO miss working out. That's so helpful in this process!
I have another fb friend that posts pictures of CrossFit, but I'm not quite sure what it is? Is it a gym thing? I'm glad you've found something that works for you!

Jaimie L. Moore said...

Good for you. You look great and happy! It's a good, good thing. Happy for you!

Unknown said...

3-2-1-GO !!!! I Love you sis!!!

Unknown said...

Probably you are wearing the best cross training shoes ,right? A crossfit lover always have this thirst of wearing a best pair of crossfit shoes.I too had.

www.rakibulislam.com said...

You have landed on the Shiekh Shoes sale page where you will find the hottest deals on quality shoes. From name brand sneakers from Reebok, Adidas and .

Stephanie C. Hobbs

www.rakibulislam.com said...

More than 300 foot care colleagues bolster the facility administration, giving Chiropody exhortation along an abundance of information about solace footwear, orthotic underpins ... More Information.