Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Can't Keep Up


Hello, friends.
I am smack dab in the middle of one of those seasons of life that feels like it is spinning.
I feel like it is perpetually 4 o'clock.
4:00 in the morning = time to get up.
4:00 in the evening = I need to leave work and get home.

Somebody. Please. Stop. The. Train.

May, with the exception of vacation, which I still haven't found the time to blog about, was crazy!
I did a lot of it to myself, as usual.
Deciding to turn our house upside down, re-organize and re-arrange. I spent time on Craigslist, which in turn led to late nights driving to Maryland and such and unloading furniture and building furniture and unloading a freezer out the backside of my SUV. Which, by the way is dirty. I hate having a dirty car.

While on steriods.
Yes. My little hand condition acted up in a major way so I had to go on Prednisone. I have such a love/hate relationship with Prednisone. I love the way it makes the skin on my hands normal and I can do anything without pain, like wash my hands, squeeze small items and drive. I hate the way it makes me swell up and doesn't let me sleep.

So, I have been incredibly productive lately. But now, I'm incredibly tired. And grumpy. My poor husband.

I'm getting ready to travel again this weekend for work. I'm looking forward to it. I am. But, I would really appreciate it if life would slow down a little so I can just sit at the pool for one afternoon.

And do nothing.

I signed myself up to run a 5K a couple of months ago. Needless to say, the race is coming up on Saturday and I don't even know if I have it in me to do it. I'm deathly afraid of finishing last. It's happened before. That's something I will only allow once in my life.

My closet I spent so much time organizing, came crashing down the other day. So, all of my hanging clothes are hanging out on our couch. And I know it sounds petty, but it really pisses me off! I hate coming home to that mess. Maybe by tomorrow, I can have everything back in it's place. I sure hope so.

And maybe I can vaccum out the SUV and get my eyebrows waxed. Perhaps then, the world will once again feel like it has some order. Before I leave Sunday for New Hampshire, then Friday to visit my family.

Oy!
Okay. Ranting/venting session is now over.
Mostly because any moment now the stuffed pork chops in the oven will ding. Right at about, oh, bedtime.

Phew.
Thanks for reading.
It does help to just jot my feelings/frustrations down every now and then.

No comments: