Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I have to face a fear today

3pm. Dentist appointment.


Confession: I haven't been to the dentist in 4 YEARS.  That's right.  I used to have a strict "hot dentist only" policy**.  My sister helped me find one.  He was gorgeous and he smelled really nice.  Then he told me I needed to have my wisdom teeth taken out.  That I would have to see an "oral surgeon."


So, we broke up.  I never went back.  Never looked back.  I have 5 wisdom teeth.  Yep, that's right, five. I'm scared of going to the dentist today.  I don't even know if he's hot. Or a man, for that matter. I don't care.  I just have to face this fear, and get it over with.


I don't know what I'm going to do if/when he or she tells me I need to get all 47 of my wisdom teeth taken out - the reason I've never done this is I've never had anyone around that can drive me home/take care of me afterwards.  So, maybe they'll make a housecall and give Brokaw caregiving instructions? Hmm.


**I blame my mother for this.  Dr. Levin, my childhood dentist, was DREAMY.



2 comments:

Becky said...

omg! This is even further proof of why we are friends! I share the same fear! Except that I have had my wisdom teeth out (only with the help of being completely knocked out!) I hope your appointment went well. You almost inspire me to make an appointment.

cindy floyd said...

I think we all fear the dentist..A good friend of mine who had very bad teeth once said, "Cindy, if my teeth were as pretty as yours, I would want to keep them." Need I say more? I still hate to go...