Saturday, October 15, 2005

homecoming

Last night I went to Homecoming at Inidian River High School with my dad.  It Dsc01829_1was Dsc01828the first time I'd been back to the football field since I graduated in 1997.  Technically... it's been 9 years since I was at Homecoming.  It was an interesting experience.  I've never paid to get into a IR game, because I was a cheerleader in high school.  So I paid, and got a ticket and went throught a metal detector like everyone else.  It was so funny... the stands used to seem so huge when I was cheerleading, and last night, they didn't seem that big at all.  I ran into a couple of old teachers, a guidance counselor, and my best friend's high school boyfriend, Robert Luke... and his wife and baby.  It's crazy to think how much has changed since then.  Another thing... remember in high school, the homecoming court seems like the biggest deal in the world?  Last night, sitting in the stands, I noticed most people weren't even paying attention to the girls walking down the field with their dads and their new hats and suits, and dreams of being crowned homecoming queen.  Not many people even noticed who got the crown.  Perspective is a huge thing, isn't it?  Homecoming 2005 was a cool experience, I left feeling all grown up and like a little girl with my dad at the same time.  I think that's the perfect place to be right now.



2 comments:

Courtney said...

You know it really doesn't surprise me that you ran into Robert Luke at the football game. I wouldn't be surprised if he went to all of them! I can't believe that he has a kid and another on the way. WOW. Just think it could have been me being he was my first real boyfriend :)

Mr Adam Barton said...

WOW! that's amazing
DetectorBoss really like this article.