Monday, May 30, 2005

Surprised

Isn't being surprised cool?  Not like, you know your friends are throwing you a party, but you fake it surprised... but like, you are expecting something, and you get something totally different?  It's cool, huh?  Like a reminder that there's something bigger than you...



Tonight I was at a barbecue at my Pastor's house.  My church is a little group of people that don't really have much in common other than the fact that they want to follow Christ, and keep Him in the middle.  I guess that's all he asks, huh?  It's us who notice things like what we look like or what we do that makes us so different....



Anyways, after we ate a group of us girls went inside to pray.  Kind of like an impromptu small group.  Only it wasn't my usual group of girls.  There were three women there that aren't usually at my apartment when we meet.  One is a woman about 10 years (I'm guessing) older than me, who is going through a divorce.  Another is married.  The other is a senior in high school.  Random.  But that's God's people.  We're random... but as my Pastor Ron says, that's Symphonic.  Symphonic is the name of my church.  Symphonic is the sound God's people make when they are living thier lives, and they bump into and go alonside eachother.  My sound.  Your sound.  Our sound together.



Tonight my sound met a sound it was surprised to hear.  That high school senior that prayed with us, really touched my heart.  I shared what I was going through, and she has been through something similar.  Her experience mattered to me.  It gave me hope.  Surprise!



No comments: