Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Counting down...

I can't focus.  I can't even come close.  Today, after work, I will get on a plane, then another plane then (Lord willing) a third plane... and I will do this:


Arkansas 038 


I can't wait!!  I am so glad I get to spend Christmas with my fiance!!


This will be the FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE that I've ever had off of work for a FULL WEEK!  I don't even know what to do with myself!


It's going to be great to be together for a full 10 DAYS!!






I'm obsessively checking weather.com because I have to connect through Chicago O'Hare and you may remember my relationship with O'Hare is much like my relationship with Interstate 95... it's rocky.  Needless to say, I'm packing a toothbrush and a change of clothes in my carry-on.


I should be comfortable.  I'm dressed like a 12 year old today.  I feel very dressed-down for work, but whatever, right?  Who says you can't produce quality television news reports in a Roxy hoodie and pink Uggs?  Not me!  I'm pretty sure our package about retailers/last minute holiday shoppers is an award winner! Ha.


December08 072



Side note about these Uggs.  Well, two.


One - they are pretty much the only thing I like about Winter.



And two - I think they look like erasers on the tops of pencils.  Don't ya think?




(Thanks mom)




Whatever happens - I know this will be a Christmas to remember!


Since I won't be going home for Christmas, I surprised my mom at the baby store last weekend and took her some treats from my kitchen which kind of became like a cookie/fudge factory this year.


December08 058


If you haven't already, you need to make magic cookie bars!


My college roommate's grandmother used to send them to her every year and I always begged for more!


Now that I know how easy they are to make, I will make them every year!








Let's see... what other random things can I throw in this catch-all post?  Let me scan my December photo folder...


December08 060


Oh, yes.  I finally got a haircut and highlights!


I really wish this didn't cost so much money because I really do love freshly cut and highlighted hair!


It's a little shorter than I had hoped, but I'm over it now.  It's fine.






December08 070 
I mean, as long as I can still do this, I'm good.




I told you... I'm a little LOOPY...








December08 067 


I'd like to send out a great big THANK YOU to everyone who sent me a Christmas Card this year.


I just love getting Christmas cards!  I realize it's a dying tradition, and I have to be one of the most frustrating people in your address book because I move almost every year.


But I love them, so thank you all!


Brokaw 003 


And a big giant thank you goes out to my Granny Nora (not that she reads the blog, ha!) for watching my dear Brokaw while I am gone to Texas/Missouri.


It is a much appreciated Christmas present!


Man, do I miss this face!  It is so quiet in my apartment!  The other day, I dropped some food on the floor in the kitchen and I instinctively yelled, "Brokaw!" before I remembered, oh yeah, he's not here.December08 066 


The upside is that I have seen a lot more of this little lady over the last couple of days and that has been nice!


Poor Katy just never comes around when Brokaw is there because he wants to sniff her butt and she just doesn't like that so she spends a lot of time under the bed, behind the toilet and such.


Katy, LuLu, I love you and it's nice to see your face and hear your sweet purr again!




Okay, I'm out of random pictures, so I guess that's it.  Did you guys see the water main break in Maryland yesterday that sent water rushing down "River Road?"  I mean, how perfect that that is the actual name of the road, right?  It was INCREDIBLE.  I was GLUED to the local news at work.  I was WISHING SOOOO BADLY that I was in the control room.  That is an example of exactly why TV news can't die.  We are your breaking news medium when it comes to a story like that!  Live pictures.  Helicopters.  Phoners.  Oh, it was awesome to watch those people being rescued LIVE - pulled into baskets as the freezing water rushed by.  Harrowing!  Oh, man, I love breaking news so much!!  I got high just off of watching that one!  And that was the best kind of breaking news: awesome live pictures and video, dramatic sound and best of all - no one was hurt!


Seriously - back to work now.  MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!!



5 comments:

cindy floyd said...

Merry Christmas daughter!! You have fun, be safe and give my future son-in-law a big smootch for me!! Hair looks great by the way

Ann said...

I love the hair--very blonde and cute:) I also wish I had been on that dessert list because those magic bars looked great! I may try those before I leave.
Have a Merry Christmas with Michael

Rebecca said...

I am a little behind on comments, but so glad you got a nice break and to be with your man! love the hair-super cute!
was soo watching that breaking news and got tears in my eyes when the kid and the mom got in the "bucket". I so would have been freaking out and was so thankful that wasn't me and calleigh! i couldn't even begin to imagine!

Unknown said...

Heya i’m for the first time here. I found this board and I to find It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to provide something back and aid others such as you helped me. Online Assignment Help Human Resource Assignment Help

seoforglobe said...

We cannot guarantee that we will change your life, but we can guarantee that you can find YOUR LOVE with us so visit now online Ukrainian dating