Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Redeeming Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays

Hi everyone. It's been a while since I've written about our Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Remember this post about my crying?

Well... a lot has changed since then.
In December, we stopped having the woman from the home health agency come on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I've been helping Michael with all of the bathroom stuff for the past few months.

It hasn't been easy. It's actually quite disgusting! And who wants to deal with bathroom nastiness before making breakfast, right?

But - I have to update you because there has been a seismic shift in how we handle these bathroom days, and it has made a tremendous difference in our quality of life!!

Michael recently figured out he can handle taking care of a major part of it HIMSELF. Sparing me from some major dirty-job duty. I'll spare you the details (thank me for that) and just let you know that it's nowhere near as traumatic as it used to be. I don't dread Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays like I used to. So, life is a lot nicer in our house right now.

In fact, praise God, I have found a way to REDEEM Monday, Wedensday and Friday. A reason to actually look forward to it, and enjoy the 30 minutes I have while he's going to the bathroom.

Yes, that's a picture of the end of a cheesy 90s workout video on my television.
I've been working out! Goal, check!!
I'm not looking to lose major poundage here, although that would be nice, but I have enjoyed the opportunity to do my little 15 minute dance-your-butt-off video and a 10 minute strength training video (thank you, Netflix!) while he's in there doing his thing.

And, I can stomach breakfast afterwards.
Things are looking up!

I often struggle with feeling like my every moment is taken up taking care of everyone else (everyone being my husband, pets, and work family) and I have no time for myself. Well, 30 minutes of doing cheesy grapevines and step-touches in my living room by myself, for myself, isn't much. But it's something right? It's a start.

So, for now, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays (sometimes it's been Saturdays recently because that 4am wakeup call on weekdays does get old!) I get up, take care of the dogs, stretch Michael's legs, get him up in the bathroom, then I'm free to put on my booty tight black pants and tennis shoes and bounce my chubby self around the living room for half an hour, before I go back in the bathroom to give him a shower. It feels good.
Real good.
The sweet taste of redemption never sours.

No comments: